Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 318

    Saw the london sights

    March 20 in England ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    It took us a while to get around to it but we finally made the trip into London while it was daytime and checked out the city. We saw the Thames, London Bridge, tower Bridge, the shard, the eye, the big Ben, Buckingham palace and a bunch of black taxis. London reminds me a lot of Perth, there's a surprisingly small amount of skyscrapers in the cbd and all the older landmarky type buildings in the city are just like the old buildings in Perth. I think the big Ben was my favourite, walking along the bridge towards it felt like a real quintessentially London experience with all the red double decker buses, the bells chiming and Westminster abbey being all regal in the background. I was very underwhelmed with Buckingham palace however, it's so bland and the shade of the concrete on the front wall is darker than the sides which just made it look so unkempt, it's like they did a renovation and then just gave up before it was finished. The silly guards💂‍♂️ were there stomping on the spot n stuff but they were wearing black uniforms instead of the cool red ones.

    Yesterday we went to Wimbledon which was sensational. Neither of us were particularly interested in seeing the museum so we only walked around the outside of the tennis club, it was a lovely facility and bigger than I was expecting but the main observation we made was that the place is insanely over staffed, they had so many security guards and groundsmen all just standing around doing nothing, it was so over the top and I loved it!
    The whole area surrounding the club was just so pristine and perfectly presented. It was to the point that even the driveways of the houses were catching my attention by being too clean, like I dont know how they do it but it was the first time I've ever walked past a driveway and just thought "wow that's a suuuper clean driveway", I was completely bowled over ahaha. The streets were all covered with beautiful trees and lush green bushes, and the houses were covered in vines and had mossy rooves which was so cool. All the font yards were so immaculate and had insanely lush lawns which usually puts me in a bit of a mood because it's very water wastey but England is really rainy so maybe these people are alright. (My phone ran out of battery so no pics :/ )

    In the evening we went out for dinner and some drinks with Sam's parents which was fun :).
    Read more