Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Ginger And Fred Restaurant

    May 4, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    Our last evening in Prague. Still raining, cold and a little breezy. Decided to walk across the bridge to the Ginger & Fred Restaurant. The building was designed after a photo of Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire.
    We took a walk up to the bar area of the restaurant in which you walk outside to view the city. Absolutely amazing! Took some pictures and headed downstairs to the restaurant. The restaurant a round about room that had windows all around. Some views magnified so you could see them closer and much bigger.
    We loved the fact that we had the restaurant to ourselves. The service and waiter were both great.
    Started off with some bread, butter and a small (shot glass) dessert of an Apple Mousse that was tart yet sweet. (Think this is just to get our pallets ready for dinner)
    We both had a glass of different Czech wines. Both very good. I chose spaghetti for dinner which had shrimp and octopus and the best pasta I've ever had.
    John chose Wild Boar with pureed red cabbage. That was delicious as well. Dessert we chose sorbet with red sauce and a hint of chocolate. EXCELLENT VIEWS, SERVICE, WINE, FOOD & DESSERT.
    Light rain on our walk back to the hotel. Took some awesome pics on the way. PRAGUE definitely one of my favorite places in Europe. Hope to visit again soon. We will cuz we come back on the 21st for 1 night when we start heading home.
    Read more