Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Rain in Prague

    May 4, 2016 in Czech Republic ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    Woke up to rain today. That's not keeping us from getting out and about. Walked in the rain to the nearest shopping mall. Had breakfast there at Starbucks. John had to buy what he forgot.
    Took taxi to Old Town Prague for some souvenier shopping. Still quite a bit of people walking around.
    As we're shopping around we bumped into an "ICE BAR". Had to return in 25 minutes. Only a certain amount of people taken in at a time. We were lucky there were only 3 of us. Met a nice lady from No. Carolina. She even gave us her business card and said if we were ever in the Carolinas we could stay at her small place. She originally is from Venezuela. She was alone cuz her friend didn't want to go out in the rain. (Oh brother). Had such an amazing experience. Especially for a gal that doesn't deal with COLD weather very well. Our glasses were ICE as well. I'd do it again! It's sharing these once in a lifetime adventures with hubby that makes my life so AMAZING!
    We continued to walk on St. Charles Bridge got taxi back to our hotel. Took more pictures of course, but this time in the rain. Later it's off to dinner for some Czech food and tomorrow morning off to Munich, Germany.
    Read more