Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Castle, Tiara, Motorcycles & Cars

    May 6, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Woke up to a beautiful morning in Munich. It's off to the Castle 2 hour drive than hoping to be back in time to visit BMW Welt and the BMW Museum. Cuz John and Robert working at BMW is just not enough! LOL
    Our drive was beautiful. The drive on the outskirts is breathtaking. We past so many small towns. All look the same yet each one has its own unique look. I kept wondering if the 1st thing they build is a CHURCH with a steeple. Hmmmm....
    John kept thinking we were going the wrong way but GPS said that was the right way as did my MAPS app.
    I kept looking around for the best town to live in. I mean who wouldnt want to live in the midst of greenery, flowers and hills. Certainly love the outskirts more than the city.
    As we got somewhat close the beauty of the snow capped mountains (Bavarian Alps) the snow on the mountains reminded me of icing on a cinnamon roll. I mean a TINY bit.
    We stopped close to arriving to the Neuschwanstein Castle to take some pictures. (With our camera) My cell decided to STOP working 20 minutes into our drive. That's why you didn't see postings or check-ins yesterday.
    The pics I'll be posting are not great. I took pics of the camera screen. We are hoping to get better WIFI today to upload to Facebook.
    John had a great time driving on the AUTOBAHN. Loved driving "FAST" !!! Having a fast car certainly helped. Therefore, we arrived back in Munich to visit BMW ontime.
    BMW was what we expected and more. Any BMW FAN (like myself) would appreciate it! John appreciated it also considering being an employee of such a huge corporation. The building alone is worth the visit. No charge for BMW Welt but only 10Euros for the museum. Had lunch there and did a bit of shopping.
    I realized I liked the Mini Cabrio Convertible. Would be a great car for Kalyn and Kenzie! Robbbbbb hook us up. Hahaha~
    Turned the car in and walked around to shop for another piece of luggage. YES we need another one.
    Unfortunately, shops and malls close early so John will go get one in the morning before our train ride "First Class" to Salzburg, Austria. Our next country. We are very fortunate cuz the train station is across the street. Many shops...money exchange places, food, desserts, sweets, souveniers and STARBUCKS❣
    Our fast train leaves at 11:15am it's 9:18am now.

    AUSTRIA here we come.
    Read more