Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    I ❤ Salzburg!

    May 7, 2016 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Woke up on our last morning in Munich, Germany.
    John left to buy another suitcase. Walked across the street to catch our train.
    The train was very nice, clean and roomy. Got in our comfy seats and off we were. The scenery was nice once we were out of Munich. The train ride was 2 hours but it seemed like 20 minutes. WiFi started to work pretty good but slowed down so only got to post a few pics.
    Arrived in Salzburg to wonderful weather 70 degrees. We were prepared to take the 7 min walk down the street to our hotel. We walked out of the station turned right and there it was. (John said we better slow down cuz it should take 7 min not 3). To my surprise guess what's next door? STARBUCKS!!!
    Across the street are the taxis. Everything we'll need is within 5 minutes. From our hotel room window to the right is the mall. BINGO!!!
    Got checked in and off to the room to unpack, freshen up and go have a little food to sight see.
    The corner cafe was a 7 minute walk. John had a chicken salad and I had mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. We both had a BEER, mine was beer with grapefruit. Yummers. 🍺
    Walked across the street a 2 min walk and got a taxi to St. Peter's. The taxi driver was very friendly and pointed out places of interest. Out of all the taxis in line the one we got was a BEAUTIFUL BLACK MERCEDES. Go Figure!
    The taxi driver drove us by a LOCK BRIDGE. I've always heard of them and had hoped to someday add to one. We found a lock at a store (red) and borrowed a sharpee from the Starbucks barista. I wrote:
    Mary and John
    May 6, 2016
    Until we Return
    John locked it up onto the fence and I threw the key in the water below. Apparently it's to show your love and keep a couple together. Key is thrown in so the LOVE is never to end! We bought a 2nd lock in case we find another fence at another location.
    Saw most of the places I had for the days itinerary. As we walked we saw a rooftop restaurant. We decided to stop and have dinner. We shared a club sandwich and a salad. The White Wine I had was not to share. John had a beer and that too was not a sharing drink. 😉🍷🍺
    We looked at our map only to realize we were close to our hotel. So.....we WALKED back. A taxi to and a nice walk back was perfect.
    We stopped at the train station to the market. (Only minutes from our hotel). Picked up cookies, the Grapefruit Beer and some water for our room.
    Salzburg is a small, beautiful city. I loved it when I was 17 and I love it still years later!
    Tomorrow early tour to the 🎵SOUND OF MUSIC🎶.
    Four hours in total upon our return we will go to the Fortress and see other places we may have missed.
    Read more