Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Athens Ruins Last Day

    March 31, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌬 9 °C

    The day started with meeting at 7am at our hotel for breakast. Delicious items to choose from. I must admit my fsvorite was the yogurt and tomatoes.
    We walked our way to buy our tickets to see the Acropolis. Passed many nice buildings and found ancient ruins in between.
    We arrived at our destination without any problems.
    Tickets were 10 euro each. We enjoyed walking up seeing all the sights along the way. I don't remember going up this distance when I was here in 1979. You start to wonder how they were able to go up and down back then. The higher we got the colder and windier it got. So very cold. It even blew John's
    beret off his head. We were lucky to arrive a few minutes after it opened the toir buses were arriving just as we were leaving.
    From there we walked over to a few more sights then got something to eat. We wanted a gyro wrapped instead we got an open faced gyro. We received an after dinner liquor which was minty and delicious.
    We did a little shopping after Robert, Kalyn and Kenzie went back to the hotel. John and I headed out to find a pet store to buy Baker a souvenier. After stopping at a few more stops we picked up a delicious heart shaped chocolate donut and some Starbucks sat outside and people watched. Saturday is certainly a busy day in Athens. The donut was delicious and not as sweet as they are at home.
    The other stop we made was the church we sat outside to take a picture after our gelato the night before. Unable to take pictures per the rules but one learns to turn on your VIDEO walk around and get some shots of the beauty inside.
    Kenzie wanted to meet on our rooftop for drinks. Once again it was very cold and windy. Kalyn and Kenzie wanted to have a REAL wrapped up gyro. We went out looking and of course couldn't find a vendor. John asked a couple who worked in one of the shops they suggested a restaurant only 3 minutes away. We had our nice dinner and Kalyn, Kenzie and Robert had their wrapped up BUG AUTHENTIC GYRO.
    Kenzie wanted to have some drinks on our last night we found s restaurant with outdoor seating and heaters. Had our drinks well Kenzie had drinks all of us had only one. We left back to our hotel as tomorrow is our departure day. John and I had already packed. We get picked up at 2:30am to make our way to the Athens airport.
    Robert, Kalyn and Kenzie made it to have some bread, coffee and juices at the hotel. John and I skipped it and headed downstairs for checkout.
    Goodbye Athens, until next time.
    Read more