Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    03.26.2024 Sri Lanka to New Dehli, India

    March 26 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 88 °F

    Today we bid farewell to Sri Lanka and fly to New Delhi. We are on a whirlwind trip of India with four friends. Warren, Allison, Beth and Terry. Our first night is in Delhi. We then drive to Agra we will spend the night so we can see sunrise and sunset at the Taj Mahal, we will also tour the Red Fort. We will drive to Jaipur, known as the Pink City and spend the night and tour.
    Our next day we return to Delhi for 2 nights so we will tour Old Delhi, New Delhi and Delhi, the contemporary city. On the 31st we fly to Mauritius.
    We check out of our hotel following a leisurely breakfast.
    We have no idea what to expect at the airport so we want arrive early.
    It is about 21 miles to the airport but will take about an hour due to traffic.
    We arrive at the airport without issue. We had no bags to check so we proceed through immigration without any problem. We grab lunch and a beer and head to our gate which is now open. On the words of our Guest Lecturer Russell Lee “but there was a problem.”We only had electronic boarding passes on our phone and it seems Vistara airlines wants a paper one. After 45 minutes of them checking and re checking our boarding passes, passports and visa we were cleared to board. What an experience! That was leg one of a two leg flight.
    On to our second leg and we go through immigration, security, passport control, security, another passport control and another security before we are finally at our gate. Phew!
    We landed in Delhi and met our guide Siam who will be with us the next 6 days.
    He presented us with flower leis to welcome us to India. Another 30 minutes to our hotel. We have been traveling today for 13 hours and are beat.
    Hope we sleep good.
    Read more