Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 227

    August 9-15

    15 de agosto de 2021, Estados Unidos ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Monday we arrived at K & M Diamond Point RV Resort located across Sequim Bay from Sequim, Washington.
    Tuesday morning was spent biking the Olympic Discovery Trail through meadows, forest and along Sequim Bay with a stop at the Jamestown S'klallam Tribal Art Gallery.https://olympicdiscoverytrail.org/
    That afternoon we had lunch at Shadowline Burgers & Brew followed by a walk around downtown Sequim.
    Wednesday we drove up the road to Miller Peninsula State Park for a lovely six mile hike, starting in the forest and ending at the water's edge. https://parks.state.wa.us/332/Miller-Peninsula
    Thursday was spent exploring Port Townsend. First stop was a tour of the Jefferson Museum of Art and History https://jchsmuseum.org/About/Sites/JeffersonMus… followed by a walk along Water Street, stopping at some of the many shops and galleries and admiring fantastic Victorian architecture along the way.
    We ended our day with a delicious grease bomb at Fat Smitty's on Discovery Bay.
    Friday morning we headed to Carrie Blake Park in Sequim, for three hours of pickleball.
    Eight beautiful courts and nice welcoming players. We bumped into Herb, a fellow Hillendale PB club member, who also dropped in to play... small world! https://sequimpicklers.net/
    Later that day we had a delicious dinner at Molcajete, in Port Ludlow, while enjoying the music of the Tess Teel Trio. Besides being a good pickler our new pickleball friend, Al, is also an amazing pianist. Thanks Al for inviting us to dinner and a show!
    Our destination Saturday morning was the Sequim Farmer's Market followed by Port Angeles. It was a lot quieter in Port Angeles than expected, though we did take a walking tour and enjoyed the many sculptures and murels on display. I also toured the Feiro Marine Life Center. https://feiromarinelifecenter.org/ Saturday afternoon we biked from Blyn to Sequim, only 13 miles round trip but plenty of hills and many stops to munch on blackberries, snowberries, river hawthorn fruit and to pick apples, growing along the trail.
    Today we crossed the Hood Canal Floating Bridge and traveled southeast to Poulsbo.
    After visiting the Maritime Museum we pretty much ate our way through town...a hand dipped ice cream bar rolled in nuts at Boehm's Chocolates of Poulsbo, fish tacos and fish & tots accompanied by cherry sage cider at the Brass Kraken, pastries from Sluys Poulsbo Bakery. We did manage to burn a few calories walking the docks, Riverwalk and Urban Trail.
    We THOROUGHLY enjoyed our stay at Diamond Point RV Resort. Plenty of exploring. In fact we need to return for more hiking and to get the kayak in the water.
    Tomorrow we head south to
    Long Beach for four nights.
    Leer más