Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 156

    April 18-June 1

    June 1, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 91 °F

    We've had a fantastic month and a half residing at our Arizona home. It was quite an adjustment getting used to roaming around 1650 square feet of space vs 400.
    I spent many hours shopping for deals on furniture, housewares and decor on Nextdoor and Offerup and there were many to be found as this is a fairly transient community.
    Randy finally got a Traeger Grill and has prepared some delicious meals on it.
    We've been playing pickleball 5-6 times a week with a great bunch of people. The pickleball club here has over 500 members and 16 courts, with plans to add another 16.
    We've also been taking evening bike rides around the community and have enjoyed seeing the desert blooms, cotton tails, quail, killdeer and other critters.
    I received a beautiful Mother's Day flower arrangement from the kids and my in-laws. ❤️
    May 19th Randy and I celebrated the 50th anniversary of our first date with a meal and cocktails at the Robson Grill.
    Memorial Day we attended a "Tribute to the Fallen" at the Robson Ranch Ballpark. It was very moving.
    The past three days we've been getting ready to begin our journey north. After many Google searches and picking of our neighbors brains we got our home ready to be vacant for six months in the desert. Technology is helpful as we'll be able to monitor/adjust the inside temperature as well as monitor the security system remotely.
    With temperatures in the 90°-100°s we're looking forward to cooler weather and a greener landscape not to mention cold rather than warm water out of the faucets.
    On our way north we'll spend some time in Fernley, NV,
    Tionesta, CA and Bend OR.
    Read more