Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    March 13-17

    March 17, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 61 °F

    After a 90 minute delay, due to multiple accidents and road construction through the Phoenix metroplex, we finally made it to Verde Valley RV Resort in Cottonwood, AZ.
    This was absolutely one of the nicest Thousand Trail parks that we've stayed at. It had well maintained facilities and roads with spacious sites and nice views.
    After setting up "camp" we headed into Cottonwood for a delicious Mexican dinner and a stroll of Old Town.
    Tuesday we drove an hour west to Prescott where we toured the Sharlot Hall Museum https://www.sharlothallmuseum.org/ followed by lunch at Bill's Pizza. Bill's is our favorite pizza restaurant in Palm Springs and we were delighted to find that it originated in Prescott. We explored the many shops and galleries in Old Town/Whiskey Row and stopped at Superstion Meadery for a flight of their fine mead. https://superstitionmeadery.com/company-info/
    Wednesday we hunkered down in the motorhome for most of the day due to rain and flood advisories. We did get out for a hike around the park during a break in the weather.
    Yesterday we had an outstanding breakfast at Crema Craft Kitchen in Cottonwood before spending the day in the former copper mining town of Jerome.
    We stopped at the Audrey Shaft Headfram of the Little Daisy Mine
    then toured the Douglas Mansion. https://azstateparks.com/jerome/ We had a great time walking the hilly, historic ghost town that is Jerome, AZ.
    Today we return to our home at Robson Ranch. It was wonderful resuming our nomadic lifestyle for a few days to explore new sights.
    Read more