Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 94

    March 18-31

    March 31, 2023 in the United States

    Spring continues to slowly make her way to the Sonoran Desert, though it is still unseasonably cooler and rainier than normal.
    Randy and I hoped to see the super bloom at Picacho Peak but so did hundreds of other people so we did a short hike adjacent to the park instead.
    We continue to spend lots of time on the pickleball courts. Usually at 6:00am and/or 6:00pm so we see some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
    Last Saturday we snatched up some bargains at the Robson Ranch Yard Sale where over 90 of our neighbors had tables set up. We also visited Wuertz Gourd Farm where I purchased some gourds to decorate. https://www.wuertzfarm.com/
    Last week we had our patio extended and a dry stream bed added to our backyard landscape.
    Tuesday we joined Gary and Carrie in La Jolla, California for three days of fun. We had lunch on the waterfront before visiting Cabrillo National Monument, including the Old Point Loma Lighthouse. https://www.nps.gov/cabr/index.htm
    That evening we watched the sun set at Windandsea Beach.
    Wednesday we had a nice walking tour of the neighborhood while on our way to Harry's Coffee Shop for a tasty breakfast. Later we met Gary's brother, Gordon and his wife Patty at Cesarina's for a delicious dinner of italian cuisine. https://cesarinarestaurant.com/welcome-to-cesar…
    Thursday Carrie led Randy and I on a long walk up to Mount Soledad Veterans Memorial. We were rewarded with beautiful views at the top. Later that day we got in over an hour of pickleball at the Barnes Tennis Center before getting rained out.
    Thank you so much G & C for including us on your vacation. We had a wonderful time!
    Read more