Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Rainy day at Coffs Harbour

    October 2, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    An early start to the day. Calen, Mark and I piled into the car for a day at Coffs Harbour. The weather was not ideal, but a nice adventure day in the rain... why not? Besides I got to hitch a ride part of the way to Byron Bay.

    Was quite the busy day! Started off a Nambucca heads to see the break wall. This is essentially a big wait that shelters the beach from the big waves. This particular wall is built up of rocks that have been painted. It is actually quite beautiful.

    Next... Bruxner National Park lookout. Sealy lookout and a rainforest walk. Because how much do I miss looking off of foggy mountaintops in the rain and taking rain forest walks. Hahaha.

    Then we drove past the Big Banana... This is one of those things you need to do apparently. Not as big as I had envisioned but still large and yellow. And then onto the beach hunt. We started at Sapphire Beach where you had a semi view of the Solitary Islands... apparently quite gorgeous when you can see them. After that onto Emerald Beach. Much the same as all other beaches.. as in gorgeous... although I got chased down by a wave and ended up jumping in a huge puddle... So I got soaked anyway, but what can you do.

    Lunch next. Major sustenance was required... We went to Hogs Breath, which is a steakhouse. Needless to say, none of us were particularly happy with our experience.

    We walked off our slightly disappointing much by heading to the Jetty and off to Boambee Bay. Boambee is a cute little beach with a train bridge. We sat at one of the undercover picnic tables. Cause yes it was still raining. Lastly we went off to the Sawtell Headlands where we got to see a seabath which is really cool. This is similar to the one at Bondi and Bronte but way less crowded on the rainy day.

    Calen and Mark then dropped me off at the hostel and stopped off for a hot chocolate. Then they left me to my own devices. Feeling super wiped, it's not even 8pm and I am considering turning in for the night.

    👣's: 11634 - 8.96 km
    Read more