Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    If it's Friday, i must be in...?

    August 11, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 37 °C

    A very early start his morning to drop off our rental car at 6 am, we headed to the airport in Jackson, Wyoming for the first leg of our jaunt today. A two hour flight to LAX, and on arrival we picked up a rental car for a day's explore. We headed up to Griffith Observatory to get a 360 degree panorama of this big city. Big mistake, it seems, as every darn person in LA wanted to go up there today. Anyway, Cathy & I jumped out of the car, while Paul tried to find parking. As it was, we had to walk about a kilometre up a dusty hill. Paul was unable to find a parking space, and Cathy and I wandered around. Frankly needn't have bothered - LA is a very uninspiring, smog bound city thanks to the coastal proximity to the hills, and the car culture of the inhabitants.

    Anyway, we decided to head to Santa Monica, which is always lovely. Again, busy, busy,busy. Cathy and I got dropped off at Venice Beach for an entertaining walk, but after a kilometer of wandering, we decided if we stayed much longer, we wouldn't pass the drug screen, should we be lucky enough to get selected before our next flight.

    We battled the traffic to head back to the airport for our next flight to Phoenix. It is a sweltering 37C in Phoenix tonight! We've just collected our next rental car, and now we are heading to Flagstaff to hit the Canyon tomorrow...

    Pics of the day to follow tomorrow
    Read more