Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7–8

    Milan

    September 18, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    Day 6 was a travel day from Barbaresco to Milan. It was an early start. Part of a hilarious moment when Bernie announced that Nicole's beaver was hanging out. We all laughed as he adjusted it. Okay so apparently Nicole's beaver is the back covering of her knapsack. She was glad that he cleared that up. When we arrived in Milan we had to figure out the Metro. We were spinning but the thoughts of the TTC helped a lot and the map. It is a pretty good system. Our destination was the party spot of Navigli. It is a canal area of bars and restaurants. We stopped and enjoyed food and drink. We were awaiting terrible weather but it overpassed us for an hour. Newcastle football team( British) made it to the finals and were chanting and stomping "We are going to Milano" over and over. Quite exciting. Next was Duomo and the Galleria shopping center of high-name brands. The rain came down the lights came on and we headed back to our Airbnb. A light snack, a nightcap of wine, and we all died in bed.
    Today we did the "Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci. It is spectacular and the preservation of it is interesting. The history and hidden messages in the painting are fascinating. We continued the tour through Milan visiting churches, castles, parks, the Duomo, and Galleria, and ending at the statue of Leonardo da Vinci. Lunch was by the Galleria, Ristoranta da Gennaro. All of us enjoyed our meal. Caprese like
    Pizza was my lunch today and was very good. Some enjoyed Ceasar's salads, and gnocchi. No complaints from anyone. We stored our luggage today by the train station and finding it was a struggle. We walked a little farther than expected with our luggage on. So today we earned our gelato. We left Milan in the late afternoon for Verona via fast train. Our accommodations are fabulous. It is an apartment on the second floor (more stairs). Very modern and she left us a bottle of wine and water. My favorite place so far. Not far either to the train station or the Pl za Bra. Went for an evening walk like the Italians do and of course got our gelato. It was the end of a wonderful day and our looking forward to tomorrow's Verona adventures.
    Read more