Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Moving on down to Lisbon

    October 24, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Sadly it was time to leave our wonderful apartment in Porto. We have enjoyed our four days here, with plenty of room, a good kitchen and secure parking. It really is the benchmark against which we will judge all our accommodation on this holiday.

    Leaving was an issue. As I had mentioned when we arrived, getting into the parking area was a problem, but getting out was not much easier. The traffic had eased a little from the pre 9 am rush, but there was still plenty there. We had to poke our car’s nose out and wait, wait, wait until some kind soul saw our predicament and let us in. That was fine, but we also needed half of the other lane to turn properly so it was interesting.

    Our drive down to Lisbon was straightforward, with our GPS and signs makings it quite easy. The only thing of note was when we needed to refuel and thought a coffee would be in order. At the “restaurant” we walked in, and Robyn asked for a cappuccino. Would you believe they only did strong coffee shots and if you wanted a cappuccino you had to go to a machine and put money in. That was just a bridge too far, so we continued on our way.

    At the next service area we tried again, with little luck. Robyn ended up with a poor excuse for a flat white and I had to get my hot chocolate from a machine. Amazing!

    The apartment we have rented for three days in Lisbon was at the lower end of the price scale, so we didn’t have high expectations, but it has everything we need and the location is great.
    Read more