Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 151

    North West Cape - Ningaloo Coast

    June 15, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Well it was blowing a gale today, so we got up early and decided to go exploring. Apparently Exmouth is sunny 320 days a year, I think we are here for the 45 cloudy ones 😂😂.

    We headed up the North West Cape and explored Cape Range. Our first stop was the Yardie Creek crossing, then we were off the horrid corrugations and back on to tar! We tackled the Yardie Creek Gorge walk which had stunning views and we all managed not to get blown off the top.

    We drove in and checked out all the recommended snorkelling spots on the way up the cape so we knew which one to come back too.

    Brett got a surf in at Surfers Beach with about 100 backpackers, while we went to the Jurabi Turtle Centre. When we got there we discovered it was nothing more than a turtle statue and a wall with some turtle facts! To say the kids were disappointed was an understatement.

    Then we headed back to Turquoise Bay to do the ‘snorkel drift’. We saw some very large fish and a turtle. He was not as playful as our last turtle friend, this one just wanted to eat and was not interested in swimming with us.
    Read more