Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 242

    Gibb River Road Day 5 - Manning Gorge

    14 de setembro de 2021, Austrália ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Gibb River Road Day 5
    Manning Gorge

    This gorge you start straight up having to swim across a river to get to the start of the walking track, but before we even got to the river crossing the kids discovered a rope swing. An hour later, after we all had multiple turns on the swing and were nice and cool we started the walk.

    The station, provided tubs to put all your things in and tow them across the river, so at least we could keep the bag and our shoes dry.

    It was a long hot walk with no shade, lucky we were reward with a large beautiful swimming hole at the end. As soon as we got there Lachlan spotted a rock jump! We could barley hold him back. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the boys ( all three of them) jump from varying rock jumps. Lachlan the dare devil went from the highest rock jump with Brett.

    Brax was practicing his dives and Brett was giving pointers when a nearby backpacker ( who happened to be very attractive and wearing a gstring) comments that she was a dive instructor and would Brett mind if she took over helping. Brett of course did not mind at all, Brax being just a bit to young to appreciate what was going on. She did a wonderful job and had Brax diving almost perfectly in 5 mins.

    The walk back was ridiculously hot, we were all dying by the time we got back to the river crossing, but the best thing about Manning Gorge is that you get to swim at the end of your walk, you swim across the river and are at the car park! If only all the gorges were like this!

    After a cool of in the water we were all straight to the car for an icy cold soft drink and back to the shop for an ice cream.

    We spent the night camped up at a quite little bush camp, opposite Adcock Gorge, ready for our morning walk and swim.
    Leia mais