Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 182

    Cracker of a Night

    July 1, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    What a night, definitely a first and most likely a last.

    Territory Day in the NT meant FIREWORKS 💥.

    The excitement had been building from the time everyone woke up, we could not wait to get to the shop and get our hands on some fireworks. When I woke up Brett was already on his phone researching again. We headed out in the hunt for fireworks, which was not hard they were for sale everywhere.

    We left the shop not long later with 2 massive boxes ( the mother load and pro class container load) and $1000 poorer 😂😂.

    Lachlan was in a mood because he had to wait until 6pm to let them off!

    Brett and the kids came back to the van and went through their loot. The boys (all of them ) could not wipe the smiles of excitement of their faces!

    It finally hit 6pm, we were legally allowed to let the fire works off. We waited until it got a bit darker and then we went for it. It was a great experience we were driving out to find a field and there were people just standing on the side walks letting off fireworks, people with seats set up along the streets watching, car parks were being lit up with beautiful displays of colour. The kids could not wait to start.

    We started off with some small ones to get the feel and then let some of our big rippers go.

    One of our bigger ones feel over, shooting Brett in the ass. It was hysterical. Watching Brett run across the field holding his ass, yelling “it shot me in the ass, it shot me in the ass”. We all could not stop laughing, this just hyped the kids up even more.

    We all had turns lighting the fireworks, eager to see what each little parcel was going to bring.

    It was a night none of us will forget.
    Read more