Satellite
  • Day 6

    Miradoura de Sao Pedro de alcantara -lis

    June 11, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    This was a very busy "touristy" lookout. as we were wandering along the street en route (Dom Pedro V) it was getting more upscale. Lots of boutiques, trendier restaurants and a lot busier. the view was magnificent, and you look acrros to the Castle de Jorge and the Church Graca that we were at on Sunday.

    One of the food venders was selling a rice dish for 12 euro.....they were interesting as they had the food in a huge 3 foot diameter pan and it looked yummy but that is pretty pricy when you cosier we get 6 sardines for 5 euro the other night.

    From Eyewittness:
    The Belvedere (miradura) commands a sweeping view of eastern lisbon, seen across the Baisa. A tiled map plased against the balustrade helps you locate the landmarks in the city(not there, but they were doing construction). The panorama extends from the battlements of the Castelo de Sao Jorge clearly seen surrounded by trees on the hill to the South east, to the 18th century church of Penha de Franca in the northwest. The large monastery complex of the Igreja da Graca (that was where we were at on Sunday) is also visible on the hill, and in the distance Sao Vincent de Fora (we were also there, it had the Dolores booth in front of it) is recognizable by they symmetrical towers that flank its white facade.
    '
    Read more