Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Tahiti, French Polynisia.

    February 22, 2020 in French Polynesia ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Three years ago when we visited Tahiti was a rainy day. That day we has a 4x4 tour to the top of the mountain.
    Today was sunny and very warm. Our tour today was West and East side of the island. In other words, tour around the whole island.
    There were 8 people on the tour. Our tour guide came right on time at 8:30 AM on a bright red Mercedes van. Tracy, the tour guide/the owner of the company is a very colorful woman from Great Britain that married a local guy and settled in Tahiti.
    The tour started with overview of the city. We stopped to see the Governer's building. The city has beautiful main Street with big trees that provide much needed shade. The weather temperature is the same all year around. It was 88F degrees and very humid.
    Then we continue West stopping at a little church. Tracy explained to us that people in Polynesia are very religious and all their live is around the church.
    We drove around the island stopping at interesting places like botanical gardens, waterfalls, blow holes, caves and sand and back beaches. Also we stopped at the old Polynesian praying temples with no walls and no roofs. In the middle of all this we tried local pineapple and stopped for a lunch in a sea food restaurant that is located right on the small beach. The fish they serve was swimming only few hours before. Boris and I ordered shared seafood sampler plate and I had a local beer.
    We got back on the ship around 4:30 PM pretty tired. Has shower, dinner and by 8:00 PM were sound asleep.
    To see pictures of the day, please go to the link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PZyk1v7cZDTXurVp9
    Read more