Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Zihuatanejo, Mexico

    January 21, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    Zihuatanejo is a small town adjacent to a bigger resort town of Ixtapa.
    This is tender port. We were on the first tender boat and as soon as we arrived at the pier, we got tickets for water taxi.
    There were singers and dancers on the pier. Nice touch.
    We got into the water taxi and went to Las Gatas Beach.
    It took about 10-15 minutes to reach the beach. When we arrived it was not very busy. We found chairs, table and umbrella at one of the restaurants that lined up the beach and settle there. The water in the ocean was clean, warm but not much for snorkeling. Mui went to investigate and came back saying that we have seen much better. So Boris and I decided not to snorkel.
    It was still very pleasant to be on the beach.
    For lunch we ordered beer, guacamole, chips. I ordered octopus and Boris decided to have hamburger.
    Since it was Saturday, the beach became very busy, so around 2:30PM we took water taxi back to pier and then tender boat back to our ship.
    In the evening we went to Terrace Cafe for a special dinner with a menu from Red Ginger.
    The food was delicious and presentation is superb.
    Read more