Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 44

    Buenos Aires, Argentina. Day 2

    February 26, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    Another great day in Buenos Aires.
    At 9:00am we hopped in the taxi and in 15min were dropped at Botanical Garden.
    Unfortunately, we had to walk all around the fence to find an entrance.
    Occupying seven hectares, the garden has a collection of some 6,000 tree and plant species, a botanical library, Roman, French and oriental gardens. Also, few greenhouses that were closed.

    Many of the plants and trees are grouped into regions, including a collection of native Argentine flora.

    The grounds also contain a large collection of sculptures.

    The gardens were empty when we came, but it was Sunday and more people came later. Still, not crowded. We spent couple hours in the gardens and had to retrace our steps back to the entrance gate.
    We then walked to ecological park.
    Former zoo turned ecological park with paths amid native plants & free-roaming & enclosed animals. The Buenos Aires Ecological Park is a large green area that runs the length of the wealthy Puerto Madero neighbourhood. It is incredible beautiful and we totally enjoyed walking through it. A perfect weather helped it too.
    We then walked to another park to take few picture of Taras Shevchenko monument.
    He was a Ukrainian poet, writer, artist, public and political figure, folklorist and ethnographer. His literary heritage is regarded to be the foundation of modern Ukrainian literature and, to a large extent, the modern Ukrainian language.
    Now it was time to find food. I googled a near by restaurant, but when we got the address, there were no restaurants. Luckily, there were few options, we settled in a cafe and had a light lunch

    After lunch, we took Uber and arrived “home” by 2:30pm.
    Read more