Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 49

    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Day 1

    3 de marzo de 2023, South Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    This is our third time in Rio.
    Today we docked in Rio at 10:00am. Ant it is hot and humid.
    It is a beautiful scenery when you approaching the city. The mountains and the dense population between mountains is a big contrast.

    We met our guide Carlos at 10:30am.
    Out first stop was Tijuca Forest. It is actually a National Park which is partially Atlantic Rainforest. Boris and I have been there in 2020, but only in a small portion of it. This time we had longer visit with drive thru the park and more stops to take pictures.

    Due to higher elevation, it was more pleasant in the park. Not as hot.
    We continue driving to the places where we could see Ipanema and Lebron beaches.

    We also drove along Capacabana beach and downtown. Since we arrived late today, we had 4.5 hours tour. Tomorrow is going to be full day tour.

    Carlos drove us to the Museum of Tomorrow located close to the port.
    It is basically a science museum with very beautiful modern outside architecture.
    We spent around one hour in the museum, but we were very tired because of the heat and also very hungry.

    We stopped at the cafe in the museum and had a light very late lunch.
    We wished we could spend more time at this museum, but we were totally “done”.
    We walked back to the ship, which was not an easy task due to the heat.

    After shower and lots of water, we felt a little better. Now we could eat dinner.
    Tomorrow we have an early start. Have to leave the ship at 7:00am to meet our guide at 7:30am.
    Leer más