Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 120

    Phuket, Thailand. Day 1

    May 13, 2023 in Malaysia ⋅ ☀️ 91 °F

    We have been in Phuket six years ago and had the tour of the city and surrounding area. We decided to take it easy today and go to the beach.
    We split the taxi cost with another couple that was going to the resort for overnight stay. That resort did not rent a lounge chairs, so we had to walk a short distance to the public beach full of taws of lounge chairs.
    The beach was really beautiful with white sand, blue water, but the waves were pretty strong,
    We spent few hours on the beach (was really hot) and then went to eat lunch. Few doors from the restaurant was a salon. Boris needed a haircut, so we stopped there. While he was having a haircut I thought it would be a great to get a Thai massage. We settled on 1.5 hour of massage for each ot us. Great massage. The whole thing at the salon….less then $40.
    After massage we were too tired to go back on the beach. Took a Tuk-Tuk and got back on the ship.
    After shower and a short rest, Younga, David and us went back to Patong Beach area.
    Had a great Tai dinner and a walk in the night Phuket to Patong street. That is where the night action of Phuket happens. Interesting experience.
    Even at night it was very hot, so after an hour we decided to call the car and go back to the ship. The drive to the ship is 50min without traffic.
    Read more