Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 121

    Phuket, Thailand. Day 2

    May 14, 2023 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 88 °F

    On the second day in Phuket we booked an Oceania tour to see James Bond Island.
    The tour is for 8.5 hours.
    Phuket as an island and to reach today’s destination we drove north to Phang Nga Bay to the mainland. The drive was close to 1.5 hours. Then we were transferred to the longboat in the Mangrove Forest Conservation Center. The boat ride was incredibly enjoyable and beautiful among many islands and mangroves.
    After an hour on the boat we stopped in Koh paneer village. The totally Muslim village of under 2000 people built on stilts.
    This village has K-12 school, mosque, restaurants, clubs, many vendors selling all kind of products. Men are fisherman and women are running shops.
    We also had a lunch in this village.
    After lunch we walked thru the village and many shop (no shopping for us) to the school yard. The school was. Closed due to the holiday. It was an election day.
    Back on the pier, we took our long boat again and an hour later we reached James. Bond Island. That where 007 movie with Roger Moore was filmed and made the island a popular travel destination.
    It is a limestone tall rock sticking high above two adjacent islands.
    Then the rise back to the bus and another 1.5 hours on the bus to the ship.
    It was a long but enjoyable day of touring.
    Read more