Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    Singapore, Singapore. Day 1

    May 17, 2023 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    We arrived Singapore at 1:00pm. It is an overnight port. Leaving tomorrow late afternoon.
    We have been in Singapore before and loved it, except for the heat.
    Last time we went to Botanical Garden, walked through the city, China town, went on top of the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel to see city from the top and light show in the evening.
    For today we wanted to stay inside in air conditioning places. We hire a cab and in 10min were at the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest dome.
    Flower Dome is a gigantic air-conditioned glass greenhouse with themed gardens with many exotic plants.
    Cloud forest is a lush vegetation of the tropical highlands & tallest inside waterfall in a contemporary greenhouse.
    We enjoyed walking through both of them for 4 hours. Getting hungry, we decided to go for a Mediterranean meal. I found an excellent rated restaurant, took a taxi and 15 min later we were in Arab part of the city. After a very good meal, we walked to the metro station. Singapore metro is amazing. Easy to use, very clean.
    Looking forward to our next day in the city.
    Read more