Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 125

    Singapore, Singapore. Day 2

    18 Mei 2023, Singapura ⋅ ☁️ 84 °F

    On the second day in Singapore we wanted to take it easy. The plan was to go to the Art and Science Museum. It is not the highest rated museum in the city, but the architecture of the building is very interesting and was designed by the same architect as famous Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The architecture is said to be a form reminiscent of a lotus flower. Rainwater is harvested and channelled down the centre of the building, flowing through its bowl-shaped roof into a reflecting pond at the lowest level of the building. The rainwater is then recycled for use in the building's restrooms.
    In addition to this, the museum is not big so we did not have to spend a lot of time there.
    We, again, took a taxi and for some reason the driver dropped us 1/2 mile from the museum. Likely, we could walk thru luxury mall to reach this museum. We are trying to minimise being outside.

    Opened on 17 February 2011 by Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, it is the world's first ArtScience museum, featuring major exhibitions that blend art, science, culture and technology.
    After spending 90 min at the museum, we walked outside to take some pictures in a very upscale neighbourhood. Then walked thru luxury mall into the city, took a bus and 30min later were at the mall adjacent to the harbour mall and cruise ship port.

    We had a delicious lunch at Vietnamese restaurant and then did some more walking in the mall. Boris needed reading glasses. He broke the only pair he took. Likely, we found a store to buy another pair.
    We also really wanted an ice cream. We found Ben and Jerry. Not my favourite, but will do.
    By 4:00pm we were back on the ship.
    Baca lagi