Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 126

    Bintan Island, Indonesia

    May 19, 2023, Natuna Sea ⋅ ⛅ 84 °F

    Known as one of the exotic tourist destinations in Indonesia to some, we never heard of it.
    Today was a tender port, we had to take a small boat from the ship to the island.
    A day before I did a little research and the only thing I found is a resort 1km from the docking location.
    Our usual gang of 6 took first tender boat to the island and walked 10min to the resort. We paid entrance fee of approximately $8pp and settled under umbrellas. It is not a beachfront resort, but it has a huge salt water lagoon.
    We went swimming right away and I spent most of the time in the water. I took one picture only.
    By 10:00am Erin and Mui went to get a massage, but we continued to enjoy lagoon.
    By 11:00am it became too hot. The umbrellas did not provide enough shade.
    We moved to another location, still too hot.
    By 11:45 Younga and David decided to go back. We thought we can stay longer, by 15 min later we gave up.
    Then we spot Erin and Mui all massaged and started our way back. It was hot!
    Luckily, the car passed by and gave us a ride to the dock. Erin and Mui decided to walk.
    And that was our day. Since I can post 10 pictures, I decided to share Boris’s art work.
    Read more