Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Samoa

    January 21, South Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    For today we panned whole day tour.

    According to legend, Samoa is known as the “Cradle of Polynesia”. The country consist of 10 island of which four are uninhabited. Apia is the capital of Samoa.

    We met our guide Chris at 8:00AM and settled in air conditioned van. Already good start!

    Our first stop was The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum. It is a museum in Samoa, which commemorates the life of the Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson. He came to Samoa and fell in love with the island and people.
    We did not tour the inside of the house, but walked around beautiful lush gardens.
    There is sculpture commemorating the end of cannibalism. The story is very long, no need to describe.

    Our second stop was the National park. Nice walk. The rain was following us on and off all the time, but it stopped during our 20min walk.

    Another stop was on the grounds of Baha’i Temple. It was build in 1984. Gorgeous park surrounded the temple.

    Then we drove to Sopoasa fall. At that time, it was pouring down, but the view was spectacular.

    We had few more stops with beautiful views and then we stopped for demonstration of coconut process. All elements of coconut tree and fruit are used. Nothing get waisted. We tasted coconut water, coconut nut and milk.

    We continue to the most famous place on the island… sink hole where you can climb the stairs to swim. We had 40min to explore the area. I wanted to go swim, but did not want to go alone and leave Boris. So I did not go.

    Now it was past noon, so we stopped at Aga Reef Resort for lunch. I ordered seared tuna …delicious and Boris got a nice looking burger. Very nicely done resort with individual huts right by the water.

    Full and happy, we continue our drive, stopping few places and the finally reached Piula Cave pool. It’s a freshwater pool from mountain water that runs underground and creates multiple natural pools. Nice and refreshing. I went swimming, but we decided it is not safe for Boris.

    Overall, Samoa is much nicer than American Samoa. It is a tropical paradise.

    Refreshed we were back on the ship by 4:00PM.
    Dinner and a good show concluded our day.
    Read more