Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Kelingking Beach

    February 7, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    It’s a dinosaur for the foreigners, and a little finger (kelingking) for the locals! It’s the most remarkable blue we'd ever seen. Well worth the trek just to see this place.

    By this point, the early wake up was kicking in, and the kids were on full-blown snivel. Somehow our guide still climbed up the official guide picture tree and managed to cajole them into a bunch of pictures that make it look like they were having a blast!

    It’s possible to climb all the way down to the beach, which would be amazing! It would take a couple hours down and back though, and from the look of the cliff, we’d likely be four going down, and two (maybe) coming back up.

    The guidebooks of just a couple years ago talk of an unexplored Nusa Penida island, and to get here before it’s made touristic. It’s certainly shifting quickly in that direction. It’s pretty mild now, but there are restaurants and pay-bathrooms and food stalls going in absolutely everywhere. Perhaps next they’ll build a real road, but for now it’s a blast to bump along in the 4x4 hoping not to fall off the cliffs!
    Read more