Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Muenchen

    October 14, 2023 in Germany ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    This morning we drove from Davor’s sister’s home to Munich, our 6th and final stop of our vacation!
    Munich holds a special place in our hearts because 2 weeks after we got married, we moved here so Davor could finish his master’s degree at the Technical University. We lived here for 1 1/2 years.
    As you drive into town you see the 1972 Olympic grounds. I still think it’s an interesting structure (pic 1). Then we drove by our first apartment. The building still looked good after 44 years! We were on the 9th floor of this high rise. (Pics 2&3) Our first Christmas we had a “Charlie Brown” Christmas tree! It got so dry that we didn’t want to carry it down the hallway and into the elevator to take it to the garbage. Needles would have been everywhere! Our solution… late at night, we made sure no one was walking by, and we threw it from the balcony to the ground. Then we hurried down to pick it up!
    We’ve been getting tired of the German food so today we found a wonderful Italian restaurant. It was yummy (pic 4)!!
    Then we drove by Schloss Nymphenburg. We used to ride our bikes behind the Schloss in the gardens and there was a shepherd there with his sheep. (Pic 5)
    For dinner we visited a dear friend, Dagmar. She worked with the YFU program and helped to pick
    Davor to come to the US as an exchange student!
    (Pic 6) As they say… the rest is history!

    Highlight of the day: Being in Muenchen!!!!
    Read more