Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Concha de Perla

    April 22 in Ecuador ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today we walked to Concha de Perla as we had read it was an excellent snorkelling spot and a must do when in Isabela. Well we certainly weren't disappointed!! A very pleasant trek through the mangroves and we arrived at an incredible pool surrounded by reefs and mangroves! Sea lions were swimming everywhere and Rowyn and I were lucky enough to have a playful one swim and spin underneath us as we swam!! So many fish to see too!!
    After a few hours of snorkelling we headed to the beach by the boat ramp, this was a favourite with us all and we plan to go back again before we leave! There were so many seals hanging on the beach and swimming in the water around us!! Also huge turtles everywhere and birds diving in for fish, so much to see and enjoy!!
    The kids did some writing in the afternoon before we headed to the beach for dinner and wandered around town!
    We were told by a guide in Quito that Ecuador and the Galapagos islands are the only place we could see the Southern Cross and Big Dipper at the same time....so far we have had no luck as it's a full moon so it's too bright...fingers crossed in the next week we manage it!
    Read more