Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Hult Center Eugene, Oregon

    December 4, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 46 °F

    Traveling north to Eugene on Interstate 5 can be surprisingly tense, but this time the traffic wasn't bad and there was no snow or rain to interfere. Fog settled into the valleys, and for about an hour before we got to Eugene it was clear.

    We had decided that staying at the Armitage RV Park was the most convenient location for us. We arrived at check in time around 2, and found that most of the sites were reserved. Glad we made a reservation! We had leftovers in the rig before helping Mattie settle in to spend the evening on the pillows before we left for Melody's house across town.

    We visited with Melody and Robert a bit while they ate their supper and then all of us piled into their car for the short trip downtown to the Hult Center for an evening with Mannheim Steamroller. Their Christmas albums have been part of my family history with Melody since her dad and I bought a new Christmas album every year to be opened and played on Christmas Eve. Melody has great memories of those times at the farmhouse at Hauser Lake.

    The Hult Center is a beautiful venue, and the show was sold out. Mo wasn't familiar with the band or their music, and I was delighted that she enjoyed it thoroughly. The concert was beautiful, great fun, and brought Melody and I to tears a couple of times with happy memories evoked by the music.

    After the show we said goodbye to the kids and drove through the fog back across town to the Mattie and the MoHo.
    Read more