Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Seville Arrival

    May 3, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    We were too early for a repeat of the lovely breakfast buffet so got the "typico" one slice of ham and white cheese on white bread as a packed meal. Getting tired of these! Our Uber Driver took us to Portomaio where he has returned after a difficulty time in London trying to establish a barber shop when COVID hit. It is the town that suits him best along the Algarve, he avoids Albufeira as it is "too rowdy, always trouble" (where Mom and Dad stayed years ago). We drove through the outskirts of Albufeira, Faro and the last stop was Tavira. Then two hours onto Seville. The landscape quickly changed from the rocky hills of the Algarve to more undulating wheat fields, green houses, olive and orange groves.

    Found our place waiting only a few moments for the daughter of the owner who runs a nearby Pension (may of these, room only, no other facilities) to come and let us in to a very pleasant apartment. Although it faces the busy Avenida de Menendez Pelayo it is very quiet in the bedroom and the aircon works well. Grocery chain called Mas nearby, has a good selection, we got together a few things for a quick dinner as Doug had made a reservation for us to learn about the evolution of Flamenco.
    Read more