Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Golf Cart Tour

    May 26, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Jan woke up with us feeling much recovered. Great looking day for our activity blue sky, no rain. No problem meeting our Golf Cart Tour driver for the 0930h start time. It is really the only way for Jan to navigate the Rome streets so she can see the main sights. Adrianne is originally from San Diego, studied in London where she met her Italian spouse and now lives in Rome, a son in the temper tantrum stage. She really wanted to impart as much information about Rome as she could.

    We got off to look at Trevi Fountain (fountain not on as they were vacuuming some of the 1.7 million in change that is thrown into the fountain each year, Piazza Navona, high baroque at St Ignatius Church, a fine sculpture by Michelangelo at Peter in Chains Church and finally Aventine Hill with its great view of the city.

    She suggested going to Trapizzino-Trastevere for lunch and dropped us off there. These are yeast doughs with various stuffings. Also had a taste of suppli (Roman rice balls deep fried, some of them with cheese inside). After lunch we walked a short distance to Church #3, Santa Maria in Trastavere, noteworthy for being one of the oldest Christian churches and made of repurposed Roman columns.
    Read more