Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 42

    KL Bird Park

    15. April in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    We took a GRAB back to the “Lake Gardens” which is quite a beautifully landscaped area containing the Botanical Garden, the Islamic Art Museum, the National Mosque, and the KL Bird Park. The park has the largest free-flight walk-through aviary in the world and covers 21 acres. The park has various recreated natural habitats for the different birds. The free-flight aviary has lush rainforest vegetation, and there are other mini-aviaries like the Lovebird Aviary, Brahminy Land, the Waterfall Aviary, an Oriental Birds Aviary, the Flightless Birds section with ostriches, emus and cassowary birds, the world of parrots with 20 species of parrots, the Hornbill Park, and the Flamingo Pond. There are bird shows in the park amphitheater.

    We arrived just as the Café opened and ordered Nassi Lemak to try: fried anchovies giving a fishy “crunch”, a sambal for spice, a boiled egg, a curried meat side and peanuts. Along with this a fruit platter and an Malaysian omelet which was less than appetizing at it was wok prepared in what seemed like a lot of oil similar to the Vietnamese pancakes we had in the Mekong. This 22-acre area is covered with a large net, many birds are free flying/roaming and a few are in cages. Other than the domestic turkeys and a couple of ostriches who had both lost a lot of feathers (can be a sign of stress), the birds all seemed in good shape and had adequate room to “stretch their wings”. Overall an enjoyable visit and we had a chance to cool off and have lunch before our 10 minute walk to the National Museum of Malaysia.
    Weiterlesen