Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    To Singapore

    April 24 in Singapore ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    A comfortable on time 2 hour flight with Air Asia from Kuching to Singapore. The three flights with this budget carrier have been very good, including well organized boarding process compared to the chaos of both Vietnamese airlines.
    We arrived to Terminal 2 which connects with the MRT subway system. There were a series of polite announcements before landing on a variety of matters: any weapon including knuckle dusters, bringing in more than $10,000 , stealing the lifejackets were illegal and carrying drugs is punishable in Singapore with the death penalty.

    Singapore is a “rags to riches” story that is amazing given its small land size and this was evident immediately. The MRT is modern, and everything is superbly signed in both directions and expectations for Singaporean behaviour (eg, glass sliding door barriers protect the tracks, lines are clearly shown as to where to stand, there are metal guides to aid to the blind. Four written languages on the MRT signage, English and Mandarin announcements. No trouble finding the Strand Hotel right across from the MRT Blue Downtown #21 Bencollen metro stop and we were to find this location very central.
    Read more