Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 325–331

    好茶舊社 (old good tea)

    February 8 in Taiwan ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    What an experience!!

    Like so often Leon and me went for an hike into the nature. It was planned to hike for 2 days but we had now idea what was waiting for us in the middle of nowhere.
    A short time before the sun went down we found an old village, we looked a little bit around but just saw one man and we couldn’t talk to him. We went to bed and prepared our self for leaving after breakfast.
    While leaving we met more people and the people spoke English (first photo)
    We had a nice conversation and the boys told us that they rebuild there old village, all of them been indigenous people (Rukai) and they had to leave home 1977.

    We really liked the place but we didn’t had enough food for more then one day so we walked down again(5 hours to the next village). But for us both it was sure that we have to come back. In the evening we met a friend from Germany (Natalia), we told her about our plans, we bought enough food and the next morning we went back up again.

    We stayed in Sasalas house and helped a little bit with rebuilding work. The most of the place is still abandoned but it makes slowly process and we hope more people will come up here more and maybe also live here again.

    This place gave us a lot and we have the best feelings about the time, but it’s too much to write, so if you read that and want to know more just ask me.
    Read more