Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 57

    Burj Khalifa and Museum Of The Future

    July 7, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 39 °C

    The entry to the Burj Khalifa is within the massive Dubai Mall. My favourite place in this massive shopping and entertainment centre was was the Waterfall with synchronised divers. You could spend any amount of time wandering, looking, tasting, and buying anything you want in the Mall, but I wanted to head skywards.
    The Burj Khalifa is, for the moment, the world’s tallest building in the world at 828 metres. If you don’t go up, you haven’t been to Dubai!, so putting aside my fear of heights, up I went. The view is why you go and I am sure it is exceptional at night, especially with Dubai’s passion for using energy. The Burj is a symbol of this tiny country’s wealth and determination to prove it can match it with any country. From 425m, just half way up, you can see the desert, surrounding this city of skyscrapers, highways, and man-made islands. You can almost feel the heat as you peer through the desert haze.
    The Museum of the Future is a taxi ride from the Burj. The building is fantastic and the theme is Tomorrow Today. What will the future be like when we harness the sun’s energy from space, manage climate change, use genetically modified crops to feed the world and computers and robots will make life easier. I found the mission statement great, but the execution wanting!
    Technology can answer the question, but what is the question?
    Read more