Satellite
  • Day 10

    Day 10/72: Travel to Phuket

    November 6, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Another day of travel today. We got up early and went for a run around the Chaing Mai old city walls before it got too hot. Felt really nice to get up and do something so as not to waste a morning when we were flying at lunchtime. Came back and had some breakfast, packed up, checked out, and got a tuk tuk to the airport. Airport food was terrible but we ended up having fish and rice on the flight which wasn't bad at all, well done Bangkok Airways.
    When we arrived in Phuket it was a completely different climate. The air was heavy and humid and the skies a thundery grey. After collecting our bags it soon became evident that the chilled out atmosphere of Chiang Mai doesn't extend as far at the South. The airport staff were impatient as anything and it took the best part of 3 hours to make the what should be hour trip down to the hostel from the airport. Phuket, or at least Patong where we are staying for the night, is one of the heaviest areas for tourists in all of Thailand. Walking down the street, 95% of people aren't Thai; according to Izzi it has a similar vibe to Magaluf. The hostel is nice though, air conditioned and only got another guy in our room who's doing a diving course. We've packed our small bags for tomorrow and up early in the morning to get the minibus up to the National Park!!! Cannot wait!!!
    Read more