Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Cornwall and Devon - Part 1

    August 28, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Snapshot
    Where - South West England
    Weather - beautiful

    After leaving Cardiff we drove south, basing ourselves in a small village in Devon while we explored the coastal area of Cornwall. The first place was Port Isaac which many people would recognise as Port Wenn from Doc Martin TV series. An absolutely stunning day and the place looked magnificent (even if it was seething with people - still the long weekend )

    We also stopped by Tintagel where some of Poldark was filmed (not sure as never watched the show) and also possibly the site of King Arthur's Castle??? This is after driving down some insanely narrow roads where you have to edge your way past oncoming traffic. I think the GPS thinks it is funny to take on all these "short cuts".

    I've got to tell you about our Airbnb accommodation. The village was tiny with a few houses and shops around a market square. One pub where we had dinner was entertaining. The locals turn up with an assortment of dogs that just lie around (except for a young springer spaniel that ran around like a mad thing). One lady had a pair of bunny rabbits on leads. Our host was lovely- around 70 and looked 50 and her husband was 80 and still worked as a pharmacist. We had a fantastic time here.
    Read more