Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Stockholm, Sweden (Day 1)

    August 15, 2023 in Sweden ⋅ ☁️ 72 °F

    Day 1:
    What we did:
    - Caught a very early flight from Stavanger through Copenhagen and landed in Stockholm at 10am. Walked in the rain to find our rental car in Stanavager and couldn’t figure out the rental car drop off location. We flew with a bunch of smelly trekkers.
    - Grabbed some brunch and did our first free walking tour! Tour included 2 hours of info on Stockholm Old Town (Gamla Stan).
    - Started to rain so we grabbed a drink in Gamla Stan and checked into our Airbnb in the heart of old town. Our nicest Airbnb to date, we were very pleasantly surprised considering the building was likely in built in the 1600s - maybe earlier?

    What we ate:
    - Brunch at STHLM Brunch Club. Bacon break or plate and chorizo eggs benedict.
    - Pho at Vi-Na Fresh - much needed and delicious once it started to cool off for the day.
    - Tried to find a night cap in the middle of a downpour in Gamla Stan and stumbled into Steph’s favorite bar of the trip - Corks, a Portuguese wine bar! Amazing wine, the friendliest waitress, and lots of free bread (Trent had 12 rolls). We sat under an umbrella in the rain until we were moved inside. The restaurant was so cool but we didn’t take a picture.

    Fun facts:
    - Swedish pancakes are not really a thing. They only serve them every Thursday with pea soup!
    - Sweden has picked a lot of fights with Norway and Denmark. Seems to be the main theme of all of our tours. They came out on top though!
    Read more