Satellite
  • Day 100

    Nadi

    July 11, 2017 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Today started with more breakfast at the sound of the drum but not before packing our bags. I may have set the alarm a tad too early as we were packed and ready about 30-40 minutes before.

    After breakfast we checked out and waited for the boat to take us on our Blue Lagoon snorkelling trip. We had heard a lot about the Blue Lagoon and how beautiful is was so we had high expectations. It wasn't long before we started to pull up by the coral and already we could see hundreds of colourful fish! We geared up with our snorkels and dropped off the side of the boat with some bread (fish food) in hand. This was instantly the BEST snorkelling we had ever done. The fish came from every direction feeding from our hands.

    After swimming around and seeing many different kinds of fish including a cute family of nemos in an anemone, we made our way towards the shallows. We waited for a while as our guide was nowhere to been seen and started to get a bit nervous that we may miss our boat back to the mainland and more importantly lunch. After around 45 minutes he appeared out from under a tree where he had fallen asleep in the shade! On the way back to Nabua we stopped at a 'ship wreck' but I'm not sure if you could really call it that. It was less Titanic and more of a little boat wreck. But still, it was something I had never seen before and lots of fish had made their home in it.

    Back on Nabua we had our final supper with all the gang and waited for the Yasawa Flyer that would take us back to the main land. We were joined on the Yasawa Flyer by Valerie and Luig, Caroline and Matt and Lena and Camilla. Only Valerie, Luig and us were going all the way back to the mainland however which was a slow and bumpy 5 hour journey. We decided to sit up on the sun deck to catch the last of the sun before we headed to New Zealand. The further South we headed, the bumpier it got and at some points the water was splashing us on the top. The crew also stated handing out sick bags!

    Back on the mainland we headed back to Smugglers Cove where we showered and then went down for dinner with Valerie and Luig before our last sleep in Fiji.
    Read more