Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Sat 27 Jan. Bicheno Tasmania

    January 27 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 22 °C

    Bit of a drive round on Thursday with some lovely fish and chips for lunch, the owner heard our accent and straight away sold us mushy peas as well, he originally came from Bournemouth and has been trying to educate the Aussies, no gravy though. The drive up along the riverside was very scenic, the weather was perfect. We popped into the gin cellar near our apartment when we got back and tried a couple of cocktails, it would have been rude not to.

    Friday was Australia Day so a public holiday. Much like the UK there's growing opposition to it as it's seen as harking back to old colonial times and they have been doing the same beheading of statues that happened at home.
    We paid a visit to Cataract Creek in Launceston and saw peacocks and a Kookaburra, we have heard them laughing away at the apartment but can never see them. Then back to feed Wally, he was joined by some mates tonight, Pademelons, smaller than wallabies.

    Saturday we said bye to Wally and Loni and headed to Bicheno and the seaside. The drive was interesting through the forests with lots of bends and hills but the views once we got to the coast were stunning and some glorious beaches, it was definitely a wow! moment.
    Read more