Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Homosassa Property Clearing TUE Day #5

    March 2, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 73 °F

    Nice cool morning after three really hot, mid 80's days. We decided to go do some brushing at the property so we packed a lunch and took off at 11:00 a.m. Saw the neighbor across the street and I sent Mel over to talk to him (Tim) for a long time! While he was doing that I cleared a path through the palms. We started brushing and talking about where to pull in and park the trailer and decide we needed to cut down at least 2 trees with 6" diameter.
    Mel just got the stump cut out when our next door neighbor (north) Mac stopped to say Hi. Nice guy! We continued brushing (goddamn vines). I asked Mel for one of his Norco. Took it then ate a half sandwich. Then Mac walked over and we talked more when I started to feel sick to my stomach. Damned Norco 10's. Almost puked and had Mel pour water on me. Damn temp went up to 85° too! W continued to talk with Mac for quite a bit and then he said we could use his outdoor faucet so Mel walked over with him to see where it was. By the time he got back I was feeling better.
    We had agreed to only work till 3 but Mel wanted to take down the one last tree close to the road that we needed gone for the driveway! Fucking tree just wouldn't fall over toward the property. Tried the wedges, nope, tried pushing with a stick, nope. He had to cut it all the way through and it ended up coming down vertically then fell out towards the road! Oops! Next thing ya know our property neighbor, Mike from down around the corner stopped to meet and talk. Another Trump loving nice guy who told us to be careful of the dogs cuz of the alligators and coyotes. 😳😳
    Mel had to change the saw chain then we hurried (HaHa) and cut it up. We were both soooo done in!
    Back to camp and rested while watching the 5 then we both took showers which felt so good. I'm ending tonight at 10:30 p.m. after summarizing the past 4 days of this diary.
    Today was a great day! We've settled so many things about what our plan is for the property!
    YAY!
    We decided since we will be staying at the property and won't be posting the Land Impact Fee we will need a 3000 way generator to run the trailer AC. Found a Generac 3500 watt with electric start for $999 less 10% Veteran's discount and ordered to be delivered to the store on March 13th.
    Read more