Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 6

    That’s a lot of rain! 🌧️

    18 de mayo, España ⋅ 🌫 45 °F

    Today it rained ALL 11.5 miles. 🙃

    My face: “This is the greatest day ever”

    Brett’s face: I hate every minute of this”

    Clearly we have very different perspectives on the day 😜😂

    But regardless we made it. 💪🏽

    Some sweet moments:

    👉🏽The neighbors put out a free spread to all pilgrims, it was a community breakfast, totally free for anyone who needed a bite in their courtyard. It was awesome. I thought this is how we should live everyday.

    👉🏽Going uphill in the rain, in the cold 🥶, in the mud , can test anyone’s faith! I think we passed, barely.

    👉🏽 Brett looks cute in a poncho. She doesn’t think so but I do.

    👉🏽 As we walked we prayed for our friends in our lives, their families and marriages. This was a sacred moment.

    ———————

    Route Summary:

    Triacastela to Sarria
    Triacastela, Galicia
    11.5 mi, 1129 ft elevation gain

    Route Summary
    The route through San Xil and Pintin to Sarria is a journey through the essence of the Galician landscape. This section of the Camino de Santiago is characterised by its natural and peaceful setting, where the routes weave through lush forests and welcoming villages, reflecting rural life at its best.

    The stage from Triacastela to Montán is a beautiful introduction to the diversity of the Galician landscape, with paths winding through forests and meadows. The small village of Montán, known for its church dedicated to Santa María, offers a haven of peace and spirituality, allowing pilgrims a moment of reflection in the midst of nature.

    Sarria is strategically placed just over the 100Km mark away from Santiago which is the minimum distance to be covered in your pilgrimage for you to be eligible to receive the completion certificate (la Compostela) once you reach Santiago. For this reason, it is the ideal starting place for new Camino walkers.
    Leer más