Satellite
  • Day 19

    Wednesday, April 25

    April 25, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Sites 70 and 71 are nice, too. Sites on the inner circle have 3 services.

    Another beautiful day. We have a late breakfast, then check out the gift shop and buy a few things to bring home.

    After lunch, we play 9 holes of golf at Indian Wells Golf Club. Fairways are in great shape, as are the tees and greens. Very nice. I intend to take pictures, but that falls by the wayside as I struggle to stay out of the water and sand traps! I still enjoy the afternoon, though. The temperature is perfect and it's nice to be outside.

    We are joined by 2 other players. . .Leon, from Wisconsin who also happens to be a retired high school Math teacher, and Ted, who works at TPC of Myrtle Beach as a greenskeeper. He also works part time at Saltwater Creek Cafe, and highly recommends the she-crab soup. Apparently, they are famous for it! We will stop in there next year! In the meantime, Ted proves to be a very good player and Leon does quite well, too. They both assure us they did NOT vote for Trump and never will!!

    Tony really enjoys the course. . .likes the way the holes are designed, and says it is very fair.

    We have dinner at the campsite, and then bike to the gift shop for dessert. . .strawberry shortcake ice cream for me and an ice cream sandwich for Tony! We bike to the beach, and then through all the paths in the park. This is a nice park to bike in. We end up on the long boardwalk that brings us to the center of the salt marshes. So pretty at sunset and smells so good!

    We return to our site, and pack up for tomorrow's drive to Ronoake Rapids, North Carolina.

    Still reading The Nest. I'm about halfway through. It's starting to come together. I'm liking it a bit more.
    Read more