Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Mizumi, Shopping pt 2, and a Reunion

    October 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Today we were taken to a restaurant called Mizumi. It was also a Sushi buffet. I have to say that I appreciated their dishes more than Sushi Legend's! The amount of sushi varieties were phenomenal! I particularly enjoyed Escargot (land snail), Seared Tuna, Bacon Wrapped Bass and some Roe. Then there was an equally impressive dessert table, filled with fruits and even soft serve ice cream.

    Tita Agot's friends were very gracious for treating us. It was really lovely to see how they all seemed like a solid family, full of hearty laughs and that genuine sense of comfort with each other. They have all seen a multitude of experiences--of highs and lows as they lived together through the decades.

    Tita Edna and Tito Rudy then took us to some more outlet shops and consequently, we had to do more shopping. Then we called it an early day, and chilled back at Tita Agot's place. And lucky we did, as my dad got a chance to have a bit of a reunion with his college seat mate! Apparently he only lived very close by there. What a small world indeed. They reminisced and spoke of the days old and new.

    Then Tita Olive also came by and said hello to us. We thanked her for the dinner we had the night before. Naturally Tita Agot had some goodies for her as well.
    Read more