Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Jollibee and Relaxation

    October 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    Oh my goodness! Chicken Joy and Jolly Spaghetti!

    Tito Rudy and Tita Edna gave us a lift to Jollibee Queens New York. It was a rainy, windy day outside, typhoon Naten was circling the area, but it did not stop us from visiting this Pinoy favourite. It pretty much felt like the good old days when we were little kids, mom and dad would take us to a nearby Jollibee on Sundays after we heard the mass.

    Tita Agot ordered a bucket of Chickenjoy and a buffet platter of Jolly Spaghetti and Pancit Palabok and some glasses of Pineapple juice. It was a gustatory experience that elicited a multitude of new and old happy memories and burps.

    Afterwards, they took us to two more outlet stores and we got a few more high quality cheap clothing items. Then we headed back to Tita Agot's place early and started packing our bags.

    This time we successfully managed to pursuade our extremely gallant host not to cook anymore for our dinner as there had been heaps of left-overs from the previous days.

    Not long before dinner Tita Olive dropped by once more and bid us safe travels and also gave us some pasalubong to take with us.

    To cap the night off, some therapeutic time took place. I massaged Dad's sore hand, and my sister helped tita Agot relax with a kneading on her back.
    Read more