Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Last Day in Calgary

    October 13, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 0 °C

    We spent most of the day packing. We Ubered towards my sister's place and unloaded more items in her place while also picking up a bigger suitcase for her.

    Then we went to this amazing Pho restaurant in Calgary's Chinatown. I cannot emphasize enough how comforting it was to enjoy such a delicious, warming meal on another cold day. Their soup broth was balanced and deep flavoured, their beef BBQ was well marinated and seeping with lemon grass aroma, and their spring roll was surprisingly crispy yet moist and tender on the inside.

    Afterwards we had a stroll along the river towards Al Forno's to have one more taste of their carrot cake. We were very lucky as they only had one more slice left. We also tried their chocolate mousse and a banoffee treat. We had them all as take out and then headed back to Hotel Alma to finish packing. We watched a bit of Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack's Serendipity that we bought from Fair's Fair book shop before turning in for the night. We didn't get to finish it as we it was getting too late and we had to catch an early flight the next day. We packed the DVD just in case we can watch it in Vancouver.
    Read more